Code of Conduct
The mission of the SPP is to promote the growth and development of pickleball. This sport will succeed best if its players embrace the values of good sportsmanship. It is essential that SPP members and volunteers, in promoting this mission, model good behaviour, lead by example, display respect and show self-control.
Every person involved in pickleball (participant, official, volunteer, or representative of the SPP or spectator) pledges as follows:
1. I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct or encourage others to do so.
2. I will not engage in any behaviour that would endanger the health, safety or wellbeing of others.
3. I will not engage in the use of profanity.
4. I will treat others with respect.
5. I will exhibit fairness and honesty in my dealings with others.
6. I will not flaunt my position.
7. I will not use SPP records or materials for personal gain.
8. I will observe the Golden Rule of doing unto others as I would have them do unto me.
The above Code applies in all situations that relate directly or indirectly to pickleball play.